The success of a web hosting company heavily relies on stable and well-maintained servers. This cannot happen over night or if dealt with on a need basis or on a reactive basis. This requires round the clock, minute-to-minute monitoring, scheduled maintenance, periodic maintenance, security audits, proactive support and regular patching/upgrading of servers. You also need experts in the respective servers may it be Windows or Linux. DevNull Technologies is a leader in having a specialized team for Windows and Linux managed by experts and certified specialists.
To be in par with your competitors, and provide secure, quality and cost effective services to your customers, it is essential you upgrade, fine tune and harden your servers on a regular basis. DevNull has a dedicated server management team, which provides proactive or reactive support, based on your needs. Our server management team is available to troubleshoot / secure your servers 24/7 at a highly competitive pricing. Click here to take a look at our server management plans.
Once you sign up with DevNull Technologies for server administration we offer these services on a 24/7 basis or hours of your choice.
- We support both Linux and Windows based hosting.
- We monitor your server's various services like Apache, Qmail and free disk space whenever necessary. If any service stops on the server, we will login and restart the service (provided we have the shell access).
- On windows server support, we use various remote login tools like PC Anywhere, Terminal services, RAdmin etc to login and work on the issues.
We provide services on the following issues for server administration.
- Performance Tuning of Linux Servers
- Automated Tasks (Cronjob)
- Network/Bandwidth Monitoring (MRTG)
- Software Installation
- Server Monitoring (Uptime/downtime) using 3rd party Software and Manual
- Backup/Restore of Server and Websites
- Administration of MySQL Database Server
- Setting up of Apache with SSL Support
- Setting up Mailserver(Sendmail, Qmail, Exim, PostFix)
- Protocols: POP3, SMTP, NetBEUI, FTP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, IMAP, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX.
- Recompilation of PHP/Apache/Mysql/Kernel
- VPS : FreeVPS, Virtuozzo VPS, openVZ and HyperVM
- Setting up DNS
- Web Mail Clients: Squirrel mail, Horde etc
- Installation and Configuration of Various Log File Analysers (AwStats, Webalizer, etc.,)
- Implementing Firewalls using IPCHAINS and IPTABLE
- Flavors: RHEL, Fedora, FreeBSD, CentOS, Suse, Debian etc
- Control Panel: Cpanel/WHM, Plesk, Hsphere, Webmin, Ensim
- Using Terminal Services Client
- Using PC AnyWhere
- Configuring and Trouble Shooting IIS
- Configuring and Trouble Shooting Windows Proxy 2.0 and Internet Security and Acceleration Server
- Remote Installation of Software
- Configuring DNS, DHCP Servers
- Managing Users
- Backup/Restore using 3rd party tools
- Configuring and Installing MySQL
- Flavors: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008
- Control Panel: Hsphere, Plesk, Helm etc
Server Administration Services provided by DevNull Technologies
- Installation and Configuration of FTP, HTTP, Mail, Database server
- Installation and Configuration of Web Applications/Languages/Components (Perl, PHP, ASP.NET etc)
- Custom Software Installation and Configuration
- Server Security, Firewalls, Traffic Monitoring
- Server Performance Optimisation
- Configuration of Backups
- Control Panel Migrations
- MySQL, MSSQL Database Administration
- Custom Kernel Compiling and Upgrades - Grsec/other Kernel Patching
- Apache /PHP Modules Installation/Upgrdation- Apache mod_rewrite
- Server Loads Monitoring and Health Checkup
- Network Usage Monitoring Tools - Nagios, MRTG etc
Server Maintenance & Upgrades
- Linux Kernel
- Apache Rebuild
- PHP Rebuild
- APF Firewall Install
- RFX Networks Tools Install
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Dedicated Server Setup & Deployment
- VPS Server Setup & Deployment
- Spammer lockdown Per Incident
- Install cPanel
- Install Fantastico
- Install RVSkin